A 22 slide editable PowerPoint presentation to use when exploring how Indigenous peoples care for Country and Place in sustainable ways.
Use this teaching presentation when learning about the custodial responsibility that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have for Country and Place and how their traditional knowledge of the earth can be used to influence views about sustainability.
This Geography PowerPoint addresses the following content:
- how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have used sustainable practices for tens and thousands of years
- how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ ways of living were adapted to the resources of their Country/Place.
Specific examples include:
- the riverine plains of the Wiradjuri and Murray River people
- the alpine country of the Ngarigo people
- the rainforests of the KuKu Yalanji people
- the desert country of the Arrernte people
- how fire is used to manage the land.
This PowerPoint presentation includes:
- informative slides
- whole class activities
- independent tasks.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
NSW Curriculum alignment
Examines differing perceptions about the management of places and environments
Australian Curriculum alignment
The custodial responsibility Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples have for Country/Place, and how this influences views about sustainability
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Slide 8 - European settlement changed to European invasion.
Change by Alison Smith May 16th, 2018
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!