An initial sound and fine motor activity for younger students.
Use this teaching resource in the early years classroom when teaching letter recognition and initial sound recognition.
- Print the resource on thick card to ensure durability.
- Cut along the dotted lines to create small peg cards.
- Provide the students with the cards, along with some wooden pegs.
- Support the students to identify the letter on the card, and the sound made by that letter.
- Name the pictures along the bottom of the card, then place the peg on the picture that corresponds to the initial sound.
Australian Curriculum alignment
Recognise and name all upper and lower case letters (graphemes) and know the most common sound that each letter representsElaborationsusing familiar and common letters in handwritten and digital communications (Skills: Literacy)identifying familiar a...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
An editable Word doc is now available.
Addition by Paul (Teach Starter) Mar 26th, 2020
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!