A visual display for your classroom to help students ‘bump up’ their narrative writing.
The aim of this visible learning classroom display is to help students ‘bump up’ their imaginative writing. The display enables students to identify the approximate level of a narrative text they have written, then use the goals provided to ‘uplevel’ their writing.
This display includes:
- a title banner (narrative writing and imaginative writing options)
- four example texts of varying levels (simple to complex)
- statements describing the structural and language features included in each example text
- goals for ‘bumping up’ each example text.
To create the display:
- Print out all of the components.
- Place the title banner at the top of the display.
- Place the texts in order (1-4) horizontally.
- List the ‘This piece of writing includes…’ statements vertically underneath the corresponding text.
- List the ‘This piece of writing could be improved by…’ goals vertically underneath the corresponding text.
To print the banner:
- Open the PDF file you have just downloaded, in Adobe Reader.
- In Adobe Reader, click on the printer icon to bring up the print dialogue box.
- With the print dialogue box opens, click on the ‘Poster’ tab.
- Next, adjust the ‘Tile Scale’ until you have the desired layout displaying in the preview section.
- Once you’re happy with the preview layout, click ‘Print’!
Australian Curriculum alignment
Create literary texts that explore studentsâ own experiences and imaginingElaborationsdrawing upon literary texts students have encountered and experimenting with changing particular aspects, for example the time or place of the setting, adding ...
Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts containing key information and supporting details for a widening range of audiences, demonstrating increasing control over text structures and language featuresElaborationsusing re...
Create literary texts by developing storylines, characters and settingsElaborationscollaboratively plan, compose, sequence and prepare a literary text along a familiar storyline, using film, sound and images to convey setting, characters and points o...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!