A cute activity where students edit sentences with capital letter puppets.
This cure match-up activity will help your students consolidate their understanding of capital letters.
Instructions for use:
- Cut out each sentence page and display each sentence on your whiteboard or display.
- Cut out each capital letter and attach to a popsicle stick or strip of paper to create a puppet.
- Encourage your students to use the capital letter puppets to edit the sentences so that they have correct capitalisation.
This resource asks your students to replace the lowercase letter with capital letters in a range of sentences. They will be capitalising:
- at the beginning of a sentence
- for proper nouns in sentences.
The capital letter cut-outs can also be glued over the top of the lowercase letter when needed in small-group or one-to-one activities.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Early Years Foundation Stage
Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
- Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
- Communication, language and literacy
Children use their phonic knowledge to write words in ways which match their spoken sounds. They also write some irregular common words. They write simple sentences which can be read by themselves and others. Some words are spelt correctly and o...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!