A 43 page flip book for introducing new vocabulary to year 1 students.
Turn this resource into a flip book by:
- Printing out the pages
- Use a hole punch to create holes in the three marked places at the top of the page
- Use metal book rings to bind them
- Display the flip book by hanging it with string or sitting it on a stand.
In this teaching resource, each page contains:
- a new word
- the definition of the word
- an example sentence, showing the word being used in context
- an illustration to reference to.
Recommended to be used with the PowerPoint presentation version for whole class lessons.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
- Spoken language
- Word reading
- Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!