A comprehensive resource pack helping students to learn how to find the main idea.
Being able to identify the main idea in a text is an important comprehension strategy for students to understand.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Find the Main Idea Poster
- Finding the Main Idea – Blank Template
- Finding the Main Idea – Worksheets
- Finding the Main Idea – Sorting Worksheet
- Finding The Main Idea – Comprehension Task (Turtles)
- Finding the Main Idea – Comprehension Task (Thunderstorms) – Spanish Available
- 120 Comprehension Strategy Question Cards
- Comprehension Task Cards – Finding The Main Idea
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!