A set of 4 mats for students to practice alphabetizing.
This activity has students alphabetize words to the first, second, and third letter!
Each mat has a different fish theme and alphabetizes to different letters:
- Goldfish – alphabetize all to the first letter
- Purple Fish – alphabetize most to the first letter with some to the second letter
- Seahorse – alphabetize some to the first letter with most to the second letter
- Puffer Fish – alphabetize all to the third letter.
How to use this resource:
- Print the fish and mats on cardstock.
- Cut the fish out and keep them with the matching mat using a container or sealable bag.
- Put the fish and the blank mats into your reading center for students to practice alphabetizing words.
You can print a recording sheet for each student to record their answers, or you can print the answer mats (the last four pages of the document) for students to self-check or to check a partners answers.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!