A create your own booklet for students to use when identifying and recording numbers from different environments.
Use this teaching resource in the classroom when identifying numbers within different environments.
Students create their own ‘I Can See Numbers Everywhere!’ booklet to record the numbers they can see when they are:
- in the classroom
- one the playground
- on their way to school
- at the shops
- using the phone.
Students use the last page to choose their own environment to find numbers and finish the sentence ‘I can see numbers… ‘
To make the booklets:
- Print off a worksheet for each student.
- Cut the dotted line between pages 2, 3, 6 and 7.
- Cut around the outside border of the worksheet.
- Fold the worksheet in half.
- Fold along each verticle line, then push the pages together so that all the pages are on the outside, creating a ‘t’ shape.
- Sort the pages, so that the title page is at the front and the Teach Starter logo is at the back, with the page numbers in order from 1 to 6, creating a little booklet.
Use the booklets as a whole class activity or homework task when teaching numbers and place value.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!