A set of 10 ad-lib style stories for students to complete.
Your students will love creating hilarious stories with these Comical Chronicles!
These ad-lib style stories allow your students to practice using different parts of speech such as verbs, nouns, adjectives, and prepositions.
Ways to use this resource:
HINT: Putting these in a write and wipe pocket will make them durable and reusable!
- Partner A asks Partner B for the words on the sheet (adjective, noun, etc.) and writes them in the blanks.
- Partner B fills in the story with the words chosen.
- Partner A reads the comical chronicle out loud.
- Partners switch roles.
- Students fold the paper in half so they cannot see what the story is about.
- Students fill in the blanks with the words called for then write them into the story.
- Students read their comical chronicle.
These make a great activity for your writing centers or for fast finishers!
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Form and use regular and irregular plural nouns.
Form and use the simple (e.g., I walked; I walk; I will walk) verb tenses.
Form and use comparative and superlative adjectives and adverbs, and choose between them depending on what is to be modified.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!