A set of 6 worksheets teaching the concept of simple, compound and complex sentences.
This worksheet pack includes:
- What is a Sentence? worksheet – students create meaningful sentences by matching the sentence beginnings with a sentence ending.
- Simple Sentences worksheet – students underline the subject and verb in simple sentences and complete a cloze activity.
- Compound Sentences worksheet – students choose which conjunction works best to join simple sentences.
- Complex Sentences worksheet – students choose which conjunction works best to join clauses together to make a complex sentence. Students also highlight the independent clause in complex sentences.
- Sorting Sentences – Students sort simple, compound and complex sentences into their correct categories.
Other resources you may like:
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Produce, expand, and rearrange complete simple and compound sentences (e.g., The boy watched the movie; The little boy watched the movie; The action movie was watched by the little boy).
Produce simple, compound, and complex sentences.
Explain the function of conjunctions, prepositions, and interjections in general and their function in particular sentences.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!